Saturday, July 16, 2011

Final Projects - Untitled

I was very impressed with the depth and understanding of the power of photography that was displayed today during your Final Critique.

A very heartfelt Thank You for following me down this sometimes crooked and curvy path towards learning photography. I have been constantly amazed with the ideas and execution you come up with. I am inspired by your enthusiasm and willingness to work hard. I am encouraged by your desire to do things right the first time and not get in the practice of polishing those turds.

Remember to tell strong stories and to continue looking for that sweet light. It will make all the difference.

Here are some stories that particularly impressed me. I knew on the first day of class that I would cry at the final critique. You didn't disappoint.

Jenisse Decker, The Life of a Danbo

Christine Barlow - My Sweet Older Brother, Brian

Amanda Tillotson - Friends and Their Collections

Matt Haynie - Cocaine Guy

Amy Welling - Flaws

Rebecca Tolman - Passion For Horses

Nicole Lauret - Daddy's Little Girl

Tyler Collet - Field Of Dreams

My favorite photograph of the critique. Dripping with feeling and emotion. It doesn't get much more real than this.



Crushed - Nicole Lauret, 2011

3 comments:

  1. this was a fantastic class, i'm bummed it's over! thank you for showing me how to work the equipment and thank you very much for teaching me how to work CLUES and lighting and all the harder stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing Lightroom into my life. I like its skillful control of color. I also love that it lets you edit a file in RAW. Most everything else needs it to be a JPEG first. Before you've started editing you've lost your original picture. In Lightroom when you export that perfect shot it is as pure as you will ever see it. Less loss. That's awesome to me.

    I know you wanted us to not know composition. I'll be honest. I want to know them. Find out what the rules are.. So I can break them ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete